MARGARITAVILLE NEW ORLEANS CHANGING ITS LATITUDE
Today Margaritaville New Orleans announced that the restaurant, bar and live music venue will move from their current address at 1104 Decatur Street to a new location on upper Decatur. The new venue is currently in the design stage, with construction scheduled to begin later this year.
“We will always have a presence in the city that gave Jimmy his start. Margaritaville has had an awesome 22 year run on Decatur Street and we are not done yet,” said Bret Brown, Margaritaville’s Director of Domestic Operations. “We have made the decision to vacate our current location on lower Decatur before completion of our new property in the interest of making way for another namesake live music venue, BB Kings, to become the next tenant at the historic Storyville Music Hall location.”
Margaritaville’s last day of operation at its current location will be on June 30, 2015.
The Palmetto Parrot Head Club will be hosting Fin Fest 16 in Columbia, SC’s “Famously Hot Vista”. Once again Fin Fest will consist of our Card Sharks Poker Crawl to various Vista bars where you will collect your best (or worst) poker hand possible. We’ll have some terrific prizes for the winner & loser. There will also be games, prizes, and a silent auction of terrific baskets. All proceeds benefit the SC Alzheimer’s Association and other PPHC charities. Saturday’s events begin at 1pm at Wet Willie’s!
We will kick the weekend off with a Friday Night Pre-Party at Kelly’s Deli & Pub. We’ll have live music, drink specials, and perhaps some additional treats (if your good girls and boys).
Registration is open on Fin-Fest.com. $25/person in advance. $30/person day of the event.
Twenty-six years ago today, the first official Jimmy Buffett fan club was sanctioned in Atlanta. Founder Scott Nickerson had spent months working with Margaritaville and Jimmy Buffett’s people to authorize the Atlanta PHC. Their discussions laid out a framework to authorize other PHCs nationwide.
One year to the day later the 2nd official PHC was founded in St. Louis. It would take over 4 years before the official PHC count would reach double digits.
A lot has changed in the years since. The Palmetto PHC became the 3rd South Carolina PHC in 1997 (founder Linda Martin).
Today “This madness…has blossomed to a network of over 200 clubs around the U.S. plus international clubs based in Canada and Australia. ”
So raise a toast tonight to Scott Nickerson and the Atlanta PHC for starting it all 26 years ago!
Parrot Heads In Paradise: http://www.phip.com
PHiP Club Founders Page: http://www.phip.com/Founders.asp
Margaritaville is no longer just a “state of mind.” Earlier this week Margaritaville.com announced the website’s latest makeover. The new site clearly lays out the extreme reach of the Margaritaville Empire.
The site is divided into multiple sections that fully layout it’s corporate reach:
Stay with Margaritaville. Tired of your own boring house? Stay at a Margaritaville Island Hotel or Margaritaville Beach Resort. Are those place NOT Margaritaville-y enough for you? Then join the Margaritaville Vacation Club! You can stay and play in either St. Thomas or Puerto Rico.
Play with Margaritaville. Play loose and easy with your money at one of a Margaritaville Casinos or hop aboard a Margaritaville Cruise Ship and sail away from your worries.
Dine with Margaritaville. They’ve got 30+ restaurants across the world in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Australia, Jamaica, Grand Cayman, Turks & Caicos, and the Bahamas. They are located in such great tropical places like Nashville, Syracuse, Niagra Falls, Pigeon Forge, and Cincinnati! There is bound to be a Margaritaville near by.
So Margaritaville knows that not everyone has the cash to visit a Margaritaville in person. After all, you did drop $300+ last summer so you and the wife could see Jimmy live. Well, no problem, mon…Margaritaville’s gotcha covered. Now you can build your own Margaritaville right at home?
Here is 10 Easy Steps to…
Party with Margaritaville!
- Put on your favorite Mailboat Records tunes. Strap on your Margaritaville Headphones and CHILLAX! Soon you’ll be partying just like they do at a real Margaritaville! Just a few things to do to get ready.
- Put on your best PAR-TAY attire…Margaritaville Shirts, Margaritaville Shorts, Margaritaville Shoes, Margaritaville Hat, and Margaritaville Sunglasses.
- Hang up your best Margaritaville Decor then arrange your Margaritaville Chairs, Margaritaville Tables, Margaritaville Patio Set, and Margaritaville Bar so all of your guest will be comfortable.
- Cook up some Margaritaville Seafood. Cover your meat with Margaritaville Rubs, Margaritaville Sauces, and Margaritaville Marinades. Bust out some Margaritaville Chips and Margaritaville Salsa into your Margaritaville Kitchenware. Pour out some Margaritaville Dressings and Margaritaville Dips for a fantastic Margaritaville spread.
- Toss some Margaritaville “Leisure Products” and other Margaritaville “Foam Products” into your pool just in case someone blows out their flip-flop and falls into the deep end. Don’t forget to setup your Margaritaville Cornhole Game (it was a steal at $250!)
- You know everyone is gonna get lit up like Christmas so you better have some water on hand but hey, who likes bland, old water? Flavor it up with Margaritaville Water Enhancer.
- Munch on a Margaritaville Freezer Bar while stocking the liquor bar! Set out your favorite Margaritaville Drinkware. Ice down some Landhshark Lager. You know it’s always 5 O’Clock in Margaritaville so line up some shots of Margaritaville Rum (all four kinds) and Margaritaville Tequila (all five kinds) to get things started.
- Some guests might tire of beer and liquor shots so grab some Margaritaville Cocktail Mix, add it to some booze and toss it into your Margaritaville “Frozen Concoction Maker” to really get the PAR-TAY revved up. Think you might get too drunk or too lazy to mix your own cocktails? No problem, mon’…you bought some Margaritaville Premixed Cocktails just in case that happens!
- Since there is no snow on the ground you will have to wait until next winter to try your new Margaritaville skis but you’re about to get wild so there’s no time to be bummed.
- You KNOW you’re going to wake up hungover so program the coffee pot to brew yourself some Margaritaville Coffee to cure your ails. Tomorrow’s forecast looks sunny so toss your Margaritaville Golf Bag into the car so you can hit the links manana.
Hey, I tease because I love. Seriously, checkout Margaritaville.com‘s new site and do some shopping. They ship almost anywhere!
Former PPHC President and long time PPHC Member, Elaine Hoffman’s mother Mrs. Jeannette Florence Hawes passed away Monday, March 16th. The funeral is Wednesday, March 18th at Inman Funeral Home in Tabor City, NC.
Jeanett’s obituary and funeral home directions.
Palmetto Parrot Head Club
On February 7th, 2015, our normally scheduled trash pickup was cancelled due to the cold weather.
It has been rescheduled for Sunday, March 8th, 2015. As usual we will be meeting at the home of
Larry & Elaine Hoffman
117 Lynn Street
West Columbia, SC 29172
Trash pickup will begin at 1:00 PM
Afterwards we will be having a cookout at The Hoffman’s!
Please bring a side dish to share and your favorite beverage!!!
Last night, I found a copy of this South Carolina Parrot Head Day proclamation while processing old Palmetto Parrot Head Club documents.
On February 5, 2003, then South Carolina Governor Mark Sanford proclaimed it Parrot Head Day in South Carolina. This was the same day of a scheduled Jimmy Buffett concert at Columbia’s Colonial Life Arena. This would be Jimmy Buffett’s first Columbia concert in decades.
The proclamation primarily recognized the (then) seven South Carolina Parrot Head Clubs and there 700+ members for all of the good work they did across South Carolina. It also recognized Jimmy Buffett as a South Carolina business owner (two Margaritaville’s operated in SC at the time), a proud promoter of the state and the husband to Carolina girl (Jane Slagsvol Buffett).
It was a proud achievement for South Carolina Parrot Head Club’s 700+ members, many of whom attended the Buffett concert that night enjoying a wonderful day of tailgating and Buffett tunes.
Parrot Head Day in South Carolina (Feb. 7, 2003)
Jimmy Buffett & The Coral Reefer Band perform at Berkeley’s Greek Theater 10/23/14
The first three 2015 Jimmy Buffett tour dates have been announced. These three are not that far from us plus you get to travel to sunny Florida in the Spring. Book your hotel rooms now!
All tickets go onsale January 9th!
Jimmy Buffett & The Coral Reefer Band
April 9 – West Palm Beach, FL (Cruzan Amphitheatre)
April 16 – Orlando, FL (Amway Center)
April 18 – Tampa, FL (MidFlorida Credit Union Amphitheatre)
PPHC 1st Anniversary Party 1998
The Palmetto Parrot Head Club (Columbia, SC) is 18 years old today !!
THANK YOU TO EVERY MEMBER WE’VE EVER HAD. YOU ARE THE REASON WE’VE LASTED SO LONG!!!